Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Night Circus

I recently re-read the book 'The Night Circus' for the second time. I really love it and it inspires me in many different ways. For anyone that has not read it then I recommend it wholeheartedly and after you've read it, you'll see where my card came from! I have also provided this card to the Basic Grey Challenge Blog as my second GDT card so why not go and join in with the Clean & Simple challenge there this time?


As the CAS challenge demands, this was a very simple card to make. I started with a 6x6 white card blank and a Kanban circle mat. I used low tack tape to stick the circle into the middle of the card and then used my black promarker (with fine tip) and a ruler to draw the lines all round. When I removed the circle, I had the perfect blank space. I then used an EK Success star corner punch and my favourite Basic Grey 'eerie' 6x6 paper to punch a range of sizes of stars which I attached to the card with a quickie glue pen. I then added a few silver peel-off stars and the red 'Happy Birthday' message.

I am entering this card into the following challenges-

5 comments:

  1. A very effective card, love the design, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very different but lovely CAS card. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card thanks for sharing it with us CRAFTY CATZ hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful creation and good luck with our challenge at Crafty Catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fabulous Vikki! Great CAS design...it must have taken you ages to rule all those lines so neatly.

    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty, and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete