Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Urban Stamp Owl bag

I am always looking for new ideas for crafting and for the past 6 months have been making & decorating bags as well as my usual cards. As soon as I got the new DoCrafts Urban Stamps Owl the other week, I could see it on a cotton bag as a really simple but very cute design.


The bag base came from Hobbycraft and I started by using my cricut to cut a template for the branch (I'm not very good at drawing freehand!). I used Dylon fabric paints to paint the branch directly onto the bag. For the owl, I used a load of scraps of fabric that I have lying around- you can get lots of freebies from various internet companies as long as you don't mind getting a ton of emails! I stamped the owl twice onto copy paper and then cut one into pieces and the other just around the outline. I used these as templates to cut the fabric pieces. I used bondaweb on the back of each piece to prevent fraying and make it really easy to attach to the bag. I also used some black thread to hand sew the detail onto the body, beak and wings.


The finishing touch was the 2 large black buttons for eyes.

I am entering this projects into the following challenges:-

No comments:

Post a Comment