Sunday, May 19, 2013

Shore Thing!

Last week I bought some of the new 'Ahoy There!' papers from Papermania thinking that they would go really well with the Michael Powell seaside stamps I got last year. Here's the first card I've made using both the papers and the stamps.


I started with a white 6x6 card blank which I had rounded the corners of with a corner punch. I then took one of the Ahoy There! 6x6 papers and trimmed it to fit the card before also rounding the corners of it. I stamped the 'shore thing' stamp onto white card using a black Versafine ink pad as I was planning to water-colour the image. I used my distress inks to do the watercolouring, sticking to the 3 main colours of red, yellow & blue. I used 'squeezed lemonade, 'barn door', 'chipped sapphire' & 'tumbled glass', putting some ink onto an acrylic block and then picking it up with me water brush. This allowed me to control the amount of colour I used and therefore the shading of the image. I trimmed the image leaving a small white border and again rounded the corners before mounting onto the card. I completed the card by adding the 3 white buttons which I threaded with red, yellow & blue twine from the Dovecraft 'London Line' range to echo the colour pattern of the beach huts in the main topper.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Stampin' for the Weekend 'buttons'
MayzyArt 'for the boys'
Pink Elephant 'male birthday' (I haven't put the message on yet as I sell cards to many non-English speakers who want a message in their own langauge)
Here Come the Boys 'buttons'
Totally Gorjuss 'water'
Crafty Catz '3-2-1' (3 buttons, 2 layers, 1 topper)
Polkadoodles 'spring colours/pastels'
Paper Shelter 'anything goes'
Challenges 4 Everybody 'anything goes'

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!

    Thank you for joining us over at The Paper Shelter with our Anything Goes Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vikki this is so cute! I love the matching twine with the buttons, and the image is adorable.Thank you for joining in on our challenge this week at The Pink Elephant!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card and a lovely image. thank you for joining us at Here Comes The Boys. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! I love the fun summer image and cute button details. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. Like the soft colours....

    Great job with our 3-2-1 challenge at Crafty Catz too. Thanks for sharing and good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us and playing along with the challenge at Here Come The Boys! Woo x

    ReplyDelete