Monday, May 20, 2013

Sk8er Boy

Here's another new card I've made using one of my favourite rubber stamps- Skater Ian. It was a bargain I got from the Sincerely Yours show at Lincoln last year which I hope bodes well for next week when I'll be visiting again!


I took a 6x6 'Black Magic' Coredinations paper, trimmed it to size & embossed it with a checkerboard pattern. I then distressed it to reveal the bluey grey base. I then used a chevron stencil and silver stencil paint to add an extra texture to the card. I then added some new washi tape to the corner of the card and mounted it onto a white 6x6 card base. I stamped the skater image onto white card and coloured it using promarkers and spectrum noirs. I then re-inked the hat and stamped it onto a small scrap of an old Basic Grey paper and paper pieced it onto my topper. I mounted the stamped image onto the card using 3d foam to add depth.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Crafty Cardmakers 'embossing, distressing & paper piecing'
Papertake Weekly 'sound of music' (inspired by the song 'Sk8ter Boi' by Avril Lavigne)
Daring Cardmakers 'stencil it'
Basic Grey 'song inspired' (sk8ter boi)

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely Vikki. I like the way you have the stencilled chevron and a small scrap of chevron paper in opposite corners. The paper piecing makes a fabulous hat, and the coloured image against the most black background looks great.

    Thanks for joining us

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers.

    PS Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skater boy is great, Vikki. The black and white background is perfect for the colourful image.
    Thanks for taking part in the Daring Cardmaker's "Stencil it" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black & white background and his 'beany' hat. A super masculine card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that background! The chevrons compliment that embossed background perfectly. A great boy-card!! Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Good luck! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabby looking card! Love the clean and fabby look of it all. Thanks for joining us over at the CCM challenges. A new one is up and running by now...
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete