Monday, May 6, 2013

strawberry layer cake

It's a really good job it's a Bank Holiday here in England today as I had no time to craft over the weekend as I was at a craft fair. It was a successful weekend so definitely worth it but it means that today has felt like a Sunday and I'm going to be messed up all week! Here's one of the cards I made today using a lovely Forever Friends decoupage topper that has been in my stash for years!


I started with a 6x6 white card blank which I rounded the corners of. I layered this with a glittery paper from the Dovecraft 'London Line' range. I mounted the decoupaged topper onto a die-cut circle, that I inked the edges of with Spun Sugar distress ink, and then mounted this onto a die-cut, silver mirror card, mat. The final touch was the 3 strawberries in the corner which were an extra element from the decoupage sheet. I used different thicknesses of foam pads to layer them up and then accented them with some glossy accents.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

5 comments:

  1. Stunning card! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck and I hope to see you back Wednesday for a new challenge!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my - that cake looks good! Fabulous work! Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, it's making me hungry!! Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card. Love the image, the cake looks wonderful and the paper is super. Thanks for joining us at Songbird, good luck.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been looking for ideas on how to use up my London Line paper. . Love this! :)

    ReplyDelete