Sunday, April 5, 2015

Badges galore

Last night, I was having a look around Pinterest (like you do) and found the most fabulous idea for using badges. You can find the original idea here.

I loved it because every time I go to a concert (which is usually at least 3-5 times a year), I tend to buy a t-shirt and a badge pack. This means that I have a stupid amount of badges! When having a clear out a few years ago I also found an original Take That badge from the early 1990's and some Rainbow badges (brilliant kids tv programme) from the late 1980's. I know that I'd never throw them away but it also seems a bit daft that they just sit on a shelf gathering dust. Today I've used an old canvas and some of my badge collection to create this fabulous artwork!



It took a while to make and I'm not convinced that I've stuck the badges securely enough but time will tell! I'll definitely be making another as I have lots more badges to use.

I started with an old, roughly 10" x 10", canvas. It was a bit dirty so I decided to cut a piece of white cardstock to create my design onto and then mount that onto the canvas. I used my Cricut to cut an 8" x 8" heart as a stencil and very lightly traced the shape onto the white card. I then laid out a selection of badges (trying to be as random as possible) onto the shape of the heart to make sure they would fit well. I then carefully removed each badge one at a time and stuck it to the card using a double (sometimes triple) layer of foam pads. Once all the badges were attached, I coated the canvas with a layer of pva glue and then stuck the card to it.

I love it because it uses 2 'old' things and I can now display my badges rather than them being hidden on a shelf!

I am entering this project into the following challenges:-
Clear it out 'use 2 things I'm hoarding' (old canvas & old badges) 7.4
The Pink Elephant 'anything goes' 6.4
Craft Your Passion 'anything goes' 5.4
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges 'anything goes' 7.4
Creative Inspirations 'anything goes' 7.4
Crafty Catz 'anything goes' 9.4
Catch the Bug 'anything goes' 11.4

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous thanks for playing along with us @ CIO challenge blog stop by again and play <((><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely way to display all those memories, thank you for joining us at crafty catz challenge and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in on our April Anything Goes Challenge @ Catch the Bug! I love all of your projects and appreciate you taking the time to join us! I hope you will join us again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea and wonderful way to display your badges. I love it and so glad you shared it on Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete